Saturday, April 5, 2008

Great news

All,

Great news...New England Sports Network made a call to Dish on my behalf, and they were able to straighten things out! I'm now receiving both the Red Sox and Mets games that I was always supposed to get.

On the www.satelliteguys.us Dish Network forum, there are others that have contacted their regional sports network and gotten them to talk with Dish as well. Some have straightened it out, but I get the feeling there is more work to do.

Keep calling your RSN if you are still getting blacked out on teams that are considered Local to you. Your RSN does NOT like to hear that potential viewers are getting blacked out. Not only is it plain wrong, but it decreases the amount of eyes viewing the advertisements. If advertisers find a certain amount (say 1-2%) of viewers are unjustly getting blacked out, they are going to go to the RSN and ask for money back. Live games is where the advertising spots go WAY up in cost.

If you need help contacting your RSN, send me a message and I will assist you. Just because this seems to be settled for me, does not change the original intent of this Blog and the petition. I fully intend to help out anyone experiencing this crap.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dishblk1/petition.html

Mike

mikespublicemail AT Gmail.com

No comments: